Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New year

Please excuse my lack of blogging lately. We are still trying to settle into our new house. I never knew that deciding on a paint color was so difficult! I'm excited to get it all finished and show off my new office. I'll be posting photos of that when it's done!

Winter time isn't a busy time for wedding photographers. So lately I've had time to get ready for the new wedding season with some new stuff and some changes will go into effect soon. I'm excited for them, especially this one.



I always had a desire to shoot film. I finally got the guts to actually purchase a film body and I'm already having a blast with it. I love taking my time, making sure my exposure is just right and manually focusing. It sorta forces me to make sure every shot I take is golden and I love that.

I'll be using my film camera a lot this year. I will still be primarily using my digital but I'm definitely wanting to someday use film exclusively. Yup, exclusively!

Some new posts coming soon including publications, albums and a totally awesome engagement session that I'm super excited to share!

6 comments:

Carin Davis said...

I have several film vintage cameras I have used this year...but I am interested in buying a serious film camera. I would love to know what you decided to buy! I look forward to seeing your film images!!

Anna Page Photography said...

Hey Carin! I bought a Hasselblad 500 c(converted to c/m). I've always wanted a Hasselblad and I'm so thrilled to finally have one. I plan on maybe purchasing a Nikon F5 as well and maybe a Contax 645. We'll see! Good luck with your film adventures!

Laura Ivanova said...

ditto everything you said! I feel exactly the same way. I have been experimenting a lot with film the last month or so. It's so nice to slow down and carefully compose each shot. I too would someday like to switch to film. (Crazy to say, since I've never really shot film before...but I just feel like it will fit me.)

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration as always. :-)

Jennifer said...

I so admire you for being willing to take a so-called "step back" into film -- how exciting, and definitely the way to go! =)

I started out on film and keep wanting to shoot a test roll now that my style has developed, but just haven't made it happen yet.

Go you!

Carly McCray Photography said...

Fun, fun, FUN!!! I can't wait to see your images. This was a goal of mine too for this year, to shoot more film and really enjoy it. I was looking into the Canon 1v since all of my lenses would be compatible, and I might get a new lens for my favorite vintage Fujica body too. Seriously can't wait to see what you shoot! :)

Anda said...

What an awesome goal! I love shooting film for fun and for engagement shoots. But I'm not brave enough to go exclusively film for weddings. Oh, and my husband and I are hoping to buy a house and move soon as well. I'm sure there won't be any time for blogging -- it's a lot of work!