Thursday, February 07, 2008

Professional prints

I found this photo of my husband recently. We had it printed at Inkley's in Salt Lake a few years ago, and it's been sitting in a drawer. I was curious to see how it compared to prints from the lab I go to now. Can you tell which one is printed at Inkleys and the one printed at a pro lab?



The one on the left was printed at Inkleys. They look a little bright due to my scanner but the colors are exactly like the print. It's really amazing how different they are.

After a photo session, whether it is engagement pictures, bridals, or a whole wedding day, I usually spend more than the time spent shooting going through every photo taken. I touch them up, make sure the colors are correct, and make many adjustments before they end up here or on the proof site. That's why I get your prints where I do, because they end up looking just like they do on my monitor.

We're excited for all the weddings we have booked this year! (Including some great weddings in Wisconsin, California, Arizona, and our nation's capitol.) And to all you June 7th (06/07/08,) and August 8th (08/08/08,) brides, we're already booked=( We can't wait to meet the rest of you wonderful couples to talk about your big day!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm sitting here laughing at myself as I read your blog. We're also booked on June 7th with a wedding in the morning and wedding in the evening, both at Log Haven. I've probably received at least 12 calls for that date this week alone and the whole time I've been scratching my head wondering why June 7 is so popular this year. Duh! Until I saw the digits 06/07/08, I totally had not made the connection. Some kind of wedding professional I am, huh? I'm going to be chuckling about that all night!

Anna Page Photography said...

Liz- I didn't get it at first either! The first couple I booked for that day(they then changed the date later) didn't know either until I told them. I had so many brides have that date at the bridal show I did recently.